Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Memories Precipitate Gratitude



Gratitude is when memories move from your head to your heart.


The birth of something new precipitates the death of something old. For me, it's hard to hold onto the past when things just keep moving forward. However, when I take a moment to ruminate over where I've been, I'm more likely to thank God for his provision in the future. A flood of memories cause me to well up and overflow with thankfulness.

Thank you Lord for your continued faithfulness and
provision in my life.




Today, I'm thankful for the way God has answered so many prayers over the years. This past summer (2008) was an especially big answer to prayer. The summer before (2007) was a miserable time for me. I was working at the same job I returned to for four years. Half way through the summer (2007) I decided that it was time for me to do something different with my life. I wanted my work to be meaningful, purpose-filled, uplifting, and worthwhile. Sometimes a job is just a job, but I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to choose a different job. I discovered that taking the risk was worth it's weight in gold.


Thank you Lord for helping me to trust you. Thank you for always being there for me, no matter the season, location, or circumstances.


I was nervous about living in Seattle this summer (2008). I didn't have a place to live until the very last minute, despite searching for houses months in advance. My roommates and I lived without furniture for over a month. Crazy, I know. Looking back now, I would have never have have guessed my life would end up the way it is now. I live with some of the most incredible women I have ever met. I'm working at the most delightfully wonderful job I have ever had. I'm in love with the God of the universe! He knows me by name. He knows my hearts desires for life, love, and ministry. He is ever drawing me near to him. It is far better than anything I would have ever dared to asked for. I seems to me that God likes surprises.


Lord, I love the way you care for me. Your love is better than life.
DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD and
He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4



Today I finally changed my church calender to November. The calender was placed there by the Children's Ministry Director before me. It's filled with scripture verses and inspirational landscapes from all over the world. Lo and behold, what did I find? A quiet memory from my past. There was a picture of the mountains from my hometown. They are so picturesque! Where is home? Home is anywhere, it comes along and finds you. For now, I've found a new home here, but I am thankful for the memories of my past. They make me thankful for the provisions God has made to bring me here.




Heavenly Father, for now, I have no more words to adequately express my gratitude. It wells up in my heart and spills over in joy and thankfulness. How can I stop from praising you for all you are and all you have done?

In His love and grace, Amen




1 comment:

Sam Jurekovic said...

pretty amazing how much He cares for us...I don't know what I would do without Him...actually I could do nothing.